Do you have Acid Reflux? Did you know that you can stop acid reflux naturally, by avoiding certain foods? Staying away from certain foods, while increasing the intake of others has helped many people with this gastroesophageal reflux disease manage their symptoms. Studies have shown that lifestyle and eating changes can alleviate symptoms long-term, so if you have this disease, I highly suggest that you read on.Stop Acid Reflux Naturally - Which Foods to Avoid Click To Tweet
What Foods You Should Avoid:
1. Foods and beverages containing caffeine. Caffeine leads to increased acidity, so it would be wise to limit your intake of coffee, to one cup a day. While most people only drink coffee in the early hours, there are some – like me – who drink coffee in the evening. If you suffer from acid reflux, you should only drink coffee in the morning, or better yet, avoid it completely. Pero Coffee Substitute is a tasty and mild alternative for those who crave coffee.
2. Alcohol. Not only does alcohol irritate your stomach, it relaxes the LES muscle, which in turn leads to increase
acidity, and reflux. Avoid drinking alcohol completely.
Related Article: Top Three Coffee Alternative Picks For Acid Reflux Sufferers
3. Chocolate. Falling under the category of foods containing caffeine, chocolate is on the not-to-eat list for acid
reflux sufferers. If you are craving chocolate, settle for the dark, organic variety, and look for those not containing
milk fats or dairy. For a list of chocolates, you can digest easier – even if limited – look for vegan varieties. NuGo Dark Dairy Free Chocolate Bars are yummy, without all of the milk fats.
4. Milk and dairy products. Now is a good time for you to switch to non-dairy milk, as regular milk contains too much fat to be easily digested. For those times, that you want to use dairy, you can either use the non-dairy alternatives or limit your intake to small amounts of low-fat cheeses. Some people who suffer from acid reflux find calcium heavy foods harder to handle in the evening, therefore avoid those products completely during the later hours of the day.
5. Mints. Any type of mint, may it be peppermint, spearmint or others, should be avoided by people with acid reflux. This is the one time, I suggest to stay away from herbal teas (which I am a fan of), that contain any type of mint. Included in this list of foods to avoid are gums, and candies that contain these types of herbs.
6. Fruits And Vegetables high in acidity. Tomatoes, oranges, as well as onions, garlic, leeks, and cauliflower, are high in acidity and have no place in the diet of an acid reflux sufferer. Eliminate these foods completely out of your diet to see the best results.
You have the power to make a lasting change, by adjusting your eating habits.
This article is based on the book, “Heartburn No More” by Jeff Martin.
Jeff is an author, researcher, nutritionist and health consultant who dedicated his life to
creating the ultimate acid reflux solution guaranteed to permanently reverse the root cause of heartburn and acid reflux and naturally and dramatically improve the overall quality of your life, without the use prescription medication and without any surgical procedures. Learn more by visiting his website today!