As you already know, I am always on the lookout for natural, healthy healing and wellness alternatives, due to the various allergies and reactions many of my family members are living with, including myself. But, furthermore, natural remedies are better for the environment, due to how they are extracted, rather than chemically created, especially if we choose to use the organic versions whenever possible. Today I want to talk about Tea Tree Oil, and specifically about using tea tree oil for skin tag removal.
What is Tea Tree Oil?
Tea tree oil, or melaleuca oil, is a nearly colorless and odorless oil, that is derived from a tree called
Melaleuca alternifolia, which grows in Australia, particularly the Southeast Queensland and New South Wales regions of the continent. It contains powerful properties that make it an essential part of a well-stocked natural home
How to use Tea Tree Oil For Skin Tag Removal
While there are many methods to use Tea Tree Oil for this purpose, I want to share with you the two most effective ones:
For Method One, you will need:
tea tree oil
Soak one cotton ball with the tea tree oil, and gently rub for a few seconds. Now fasten the soaked cotton ball over the skin tag(s), and leave it in place for 2 to 3 hours. You will have to repeat this process usually for about 2 or 3 days, until it completely dries up, and falls off.
For Method Two you will need:
5 drops of fresh lemon juice
4 drops of organic apple cider vinegar
4 drops of tea tree oil
Mix ingredients well, and soak one cotton ball into the liquid. Apply cotton ball to skin and leave on for about 4 to 6 hours, upon which time you will repeat the procedure three times a day, for about 1 to 2 weeks.
Other Uses For Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is one of the most versatile essential oils available, and therefore have many more usages than just the removal of skin tags. Here are some of the other applications that this essential oil can help you with:
– soothes earaches
– relief from insect bites
– relieves fungal infection
– used as a treatment for halitosis (bad breath)
– helps soothe Psoriasis
– added to acne face washes
– used in the removal of head lice
How To choose a high-quality tea tree oil
When purchasing tea tree oil, you should consider the following points:
1. Does it come in a darkened, brown bottle? This prevents the quick spoilage of the oil.
2. Is it 100 % percent tea tree oil? Unless you are looking for oil blends there should be no additives or
any other products in your tea tree oil.
3. Only purchase essential oils of any kind from companies that you trust. If you are using Amazon to purchase your oils, make sure that the seller has a good reputation, meaning a high rating, and plenty of relevant reviews.
4. If anyway possible purchase an organic version of the oil – and all essential oil you purchase should the therapeutic grade. Only then are you ensured that you are getting the highest quality product possible.
Skin tags are no fun but are easily removed if you are using natural ingredients, that are suitable for even the more sensitive skin types. Do yourself and your skin a favor and choose the high-quality oils from Amoils, for a consistently amazing product.