I am so very happy that I am feeling better after almost three weeks of being unable to work. I have not even had much of a chance to enjoy our new place, because I pretty much got sick, as soon as I was finished unpacking. Oh, well, it is over now – for the most part, still having some breathing problems – so I am happy to be back in the middle of things.
Here are some of the favorites, I have come across over the last few days and weeks:
- Books: Crystal Mindfulness by Judy Hall. I really enjoyed this book, just as much as I enjoy all of her books (I got too many of them, lol). I am a very visually oriented person, and her books always contain the most awesome photographs of crystals, which in turn makes me want to pick up that book over and over again. You can read my entire review on my book blog here.
- TV: Because of not feeling well, I watched a lot more television than I usually do, but I ran across a show I started watching out of bordem, and then fell in love with: Taken. Yes, I know it is loosely connected to the movies – which I only watched the first one off, but I think it is actually better than the first movie in the series because I like the way the actor portrays the character better. I am able to feel for him more and can connect with him, and now I am hooked.
- Youtube: I am a Phillip DeFrance fan, and this week he talked a lot about a youtube family who is exploiting their kids for making profit and ratings on Youtube. It is very emotional, and disturbing, but I am happy that he decided to highlight, what seems to me abusive behavior.
Now off to Friendly Fill In’s, hosted by McGuffy’s Reader. Here are this weeks fill-in questions:
- The most interesting museum I have been to is _____________.
- The most interesting historical place I have been to is _______________.
- is back!
4. I was surprised .
Here are my answers:
The most interesting museum I have been to is Neues Museum in Nuremberg, which is the State Museum For Art and Design. It is filled with modern art of any medium, and I took my kids there all the time when we lived there. The cool thing is, that it is free for anyone under 18 years of age, and only 1 Euro on Sundays, which made it an inexpensive educational and fun visit.
- The most interesting historical place I have been to is the Arena Di Verona, in Verona, Italy. I have spent many of my summers growing up in Italy, and Verona is by far my favorite place in Northern Italy. The Arena Di Verona holds Opera festivals and performances throughout the year, and one has not lived until one has seen Verdi performed there.
- My taste buds are back! Whenever I am sick, I tend not only to lose my appetite, but also my taste buds. I could not stand the taste of coffee over the entire time I was sick, which is so weird for me because I drink about 5 cups a coffee a day, every day. Back to normal now, yay!
- I was surprised how much I would love gray walls. Every room in our new place has one gray accent wall, and I did not think I would like it when I was told about the color choices here. But not only has it grown on me, I am going to stick with this color scheme when we move to California. Who knew that wood floors and gray walls go so well together!
I hope you all had a wonderful week. Please stop by and say to all of the other awesome bloggers who are participating in the Friendly Fill-Ins Blog Hop.