Welcome back to The Friday Finds And Favorites.
As I am writing this, my dog is going crazy, barking at the weekly lawn crew, doing their thing. She is an easily excitable little thing, always trying to protect her family from the outside world. In that, she is so different from my much more laid back larger dog, who is the happiest when she can just hang out, and cuddle with someone.
Everything is back in working order after last weeks broken pipes, so hopefully, that was it in the – fixing things around the house department – for a while. I surely hope so, because we have been – thankfully – holding off on getting more furniture for the house. One of the things that were important to me, prior to the move to this place was, that I will get an entire set of new furniture, from dining room furniture to new beds, to a new living room set-up. It is my mission to create the home I want, not the home I used to be able to afford. But that leaves us at the moment with a lot of empty space, and some organizational problems, but it is worth it in the long run. Oh, and have I mentioned that I am very picky?
Thankfully, my husband is staying completely out of my way during this transformation period, actually happily so, and I have no meddling family members around who can put their own set of beauty standards into the discussion – which greatly differ from mine.
So, now that you are all caught up with what is going on in my head and space, I want to share with you some of the finds and favorites I have run across this week.
- Books: Of course, I have start with my favorite book of the week. I want to encourage you to check out How To Make People Like You In 90 Seconds Or Less by Nicholas Boothman. This is a very positive book, that is not only incredibly useful for an introvert like I am, but has such a positive attitude within its pages, that I think it could benefit just about everyone. You can read a detailed review about the book on my book blog Within The Pages Of A Book.
- Podcasts: For a positive podcast that is entertaining and uplifting check out The Lively Show hosted by Jess Lively. It is a very cool lifestyle and motivational podcast, that is about to be in its 4th season. Jess tends to take off in May, but with over 200 episodes already done, you should find something to keep you busy until June. You can find her show on iTunes for free.
- Earth Friendly Doggy Bags. If you have not read my post about the doggie bags I have run across and fell in love with (yes, I know I am weird, I get excited about little things that make my life easier, even if they are strange), then you should check it out today, especially if you have dogs.
Oh, and I really like this week’s Friendly Fill-Ins. If you have not checked out that blog hop, you are truly missing out! Every week we are prompted to finish sentences, that have been started for us. With bloggers from many different backgrounds, niches, and interests participating, the answers can be quite diverse and insightful.
1 ___________________ landline.
2 My most treasured piece of jewelry is _________________________.
3 This year, I have learned .
4 I would like to before this year is over.
Here are my answers:
- Does anyone still own a landline? I am not sure my son even knows what that is. He might have seen one on Television. They are as antique as VCR’s. Smartphones are essential! I love my Moto G5. It does not leave my sight. It is my library, my entertainment, my connection to friends, and also an occasional pain in the – you know where, but it sure as heck beats a landline.
- My most treasured piece of jewelry is my wedding band, but I am not able to wear it right now. Because I have several chronic illnesses and am allergic to a few things, my hands swell up at times, so I can not risk wearing a ring, that half of the time does not fit me. It is in a safe place in the house, and I pick it up from time to time. Because it gets really hot here, I also don’t wear necklaces throughout the hot months, because they actually have hurt my neck when I walked the dogs – imagine getting sunburned by a necklace, that is no fun.
- This year, I have learned that if I stay truly organized, I can get even the craziest workload done. My workload is increasing tremendously, but staying organized and in control, makes it possible for all of it to work out. Running the blogs, homeschooling, helping my husband with his business, mentoring clients, keeping the house cleaned, moving – the list is exhausting, but not as daunting to me anymore. It’s all about the right attitude, and the right planning. I will write (and podcast) more about that in the future.
- I would like to start my own podcast before this year is over. Actually, I am going to start a podcast before this year is over. I am in the beginning stages of planning the details, but I will keep you guys updated. I have never done podcasts before, but they speak to my introverted mind, and therefore to my strengths a lot more than youtube videos would. And that is a good lesson to remember – work with your strengths, build on them to succeed. Forcing yourself to become something you are not, does not work.
I am looking forward to hearing your answers to these fill-ins!