I am always looking forward to Friday’s when I can share with you, my favorite finds of the week. This week, I have been lucky enough to come across many inspiring posts, books, and other amazing links that are just too good to not talk about.
- Books: Lauren Carr just released her new book “ A Fine Year For Murder” which is an awesome suspenseful Mystery. If you like books with a sense of humor and action, you should check out my review here – oh, and enter to win a 100 Dollar Amazon Gift Card as well!
- Fashion/Blogging – Ana from Faded Spring has become one of my favorite fashion bloggers around. Her post How Blogging Changed My Life is an example of her honest, and often times raw, and always very open approach to blogging, and fashion. You should check her out, and tell her, I send you!
- Travel: For those of you who love to travel, as much as I do, I recommend to check out Cassidy’s Adventures. Her travel blog features a lot of interesting places, but I really enjoyed this post about their food adventures in Rome. Laduree sound exactly like a place I would love to spend some time. Check it out!
My gratitude list this week is short but nevertheless important to me. This week I am grateful for:
- Our imminent move into a townhome we are going to rent. I am actually looking forward to that. Yes, it means a lot more work for a few weeks, but it is worth it.
- I won a book! I am looking forward to reading Kristian Higgins novel “On Second Thought”, which arrived a couple days ago in the mail. I usually don’t win anything, so this made me very happy.
- Whole Foods delivery. Yes, I like my groceries brought to me. Shopping not only takes a lot of time, there are too many yummy temptations in the stores, that are not of the healthy variety. So, when I order, I can keep in mind to get what is actually good for me. If I don’t have access to something, I can’t binge on it. Well, thankfully, I am not really a binge eater, but every once in a while, especially when reading a good book, I might reach for a couple of not so healthy options, so I simply don’t keep them in the house.
This weeks Friendly Fill-Ins asks us to add to the following sentences:
- My favorite herb or spice is __________________________.2. An herb or spice I dislike is ___________________________.
- Lately, I have been working on_____________________________.
- This Winter was_______________________________________.
Here are my answers:
My favorite herb or spice is not as easy to answer than you might think. When it comes to health, my favorite herb is Nettle, because it has helped me regulate my hypothyroidism, so I don’t have to take medication. When it comes to eating, however, I am someone who loves spice mixes. And that also changes depending on what mood I am in, or what season it is. Right now my favorite spice mix is this McCormick Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt, which is perfect for just about everything.
A herb or spice I dislike is Caraway Seeds. I can not stand them, never have, and probably never will.
Lately, I have been working on packing and shopping for furniture. Once we move, we are purchasing a new couch, and a new dining room set. I have found the couch I want, but I am not sure yet about the dining room set. I am very picky about my furniture, so this might take me a little while.
This winter was too long. Actually, every winter feels like that. I am chronically cold, symptoms of both hypothyroidism, and chronic anemia, so I dislike cold weather. I like sweaters, though, and really thick coats, so at least I can enjoy the winter fashion. I am looking forward to warmer T-shirt weather.
Question: What is your favorite herb and/or spice? How do you use it?