Welcome to my Friday Favorites, Fill-Ins And Being Grateful posts! I hope you had a wonderful week, just like I have, and are ready to dive into the business of the weekend.
My Friday Favorites:
- Food – oh I am always looking for fast and easy ways to prep breakfast ahead of time. This is the meal I struggle with the most, always longing for something sweet, but the temptation of reaching for something non-healthy is large. I mean huge, lol. So I love this video from The Domestic Geek, who makes the most delicious breakfast parfaits, I have ever tasted. Check it out:
- Books: I am currently reading the book Shaken by Susan Hatler, which I am totally in love with. It is a Young Adult novel, which I usually do not read, but this one intrigues me, as it has a paranormal aspect, I find very interesting. It is available on Amazon, and I will write a complete review about this book, once I finished it on my book blog Within The Pages Of A Book
- Grammys: I am actually looking forward to the Grammy’s this year, because of a few things. First of all, there is a George Michael, and Prince tribute scheduled, but they are being very tight-lipped about it. I really want to see who is going to sing their songs. AND my favorite band Pentatonix is nominated for a Grammy. So far they won every Grammy they were nominated for, so I am looking forward to seeing them win.
Friendly Fill-Ins Week 40
This week’s Friendly Fill In’s gave us the following sentences to finish:
- My favorite kind of cookie is _________________________
- __________________would play me in a movie about my life
- Love is _____________________________________
- For Valentine’s Day, I _____________________________
- My favorite cookies are my Grandmother’s butter cookies. I could eat those for days. I shouldn’t, but I could. And if you give me a pile of them, I probably would.
- No actress would play me in a movie because it would be one confusing movie. Trust me, I write scripts, and I would be embarrassed to hand that script to people. No coherent plot. Maybe in a few years, this will turn into a pretty good underdog story, and then you can ask me this question again.
- Love is trust. Without trust, there can not be love. I have had my trust broken too many times, to not value it above else. I love myself too much to not demand that my partner is someone whom I can trust.
- For Valentine’s Day, I am going to work. Doesn’t sound romantic I know, but I rather work. And read. Which is exactly my kind of day. Would not want to do anything else.
My gratitude list this week includes a continuation from last week. Finally, finally, after almost two years, my mother’s affairs are in order. Now everyone can move on with their lives. I am grateful that at the end everything went smooth.
I am also grateful for the shopping service we are using now. I will write about it more, but I have had the first Whole Foods delivery a couple of days ago, and that was awesome, even if the poor guy could not find a couple of items I wanted.
Speaking of shopping, I am also grateful to have finally found an organic veggie delivery service here in Las Vegas that does not cost an arm and a leg. As you can see, I like my stuff delivered to my home, I simply don’t like wasting my time shopping, and the closest grocery store lacks in the produce department. So instead of driving to a better store, I just have it brought to me. This company promises to deliver a large box of organic fruit and veggies once a week. I am going to write more about it, once I received my first order, which is supposed to be here next Friday.
Question: How do you save time shopping? Do you take advantage of personal shoppers or grocery delivery systems like Amazon Prime Now?